Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Advertisements on your Cellphones

A new way of advertising is introduced, and its through people listening to the internet radio or using their cell phones. It works by Slacker, which is a radio internet service interacting with an online ad network to sell ads by phones. These ads are targeted to people using iphones, androids, and blackberrys. Its a way of expanding online audio advertising. "Mobile advertising is expected to grow reaching more than $1.5 billion by 2013", Bauchman said.

Advertsing has really come to this? Come on now, can we catch a break. I get so annoyed with seeing ads everyone that I just tune them out and it makes me not even want to consider buying the product. Aren't commercials and magazine ads enough? They have expanded so much in the past few years from being on youtube to facebook. The advertising market knows just how to get everyone, they know that since iphones and blackberrys are so popular then why not throw some ads on them. No, I dont like that idea. Jeez, I get annoyed when i get random texts on my phone saying sign up to find out your crush or other things like that. The advertising industry is huge and they already are making so much money, they should just leave our cell phones alone!


http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/digital/e3icac65f467d72bd941b97c10922f33ca3

4 comments:

  1. I feel that everywhere we go we see advertisements. Whether it be on a the computer, phone, bumper stickers or even people. We see it everywhere. We live in a "name brand" society and often we fall victims of advertisements because of them being everywhere. Whether we like it or not we give in to these advertisements and that has caused them to grow even more and it get to where it is today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! we get hit with enoughhhh advertising everyday, tv, on vechicles, on billboards, on magazines, on facebbok and now our cell phones too?! this is crazy. I hope I don't get any advertising to my phone anytime soon, I'll get upset lol. but I also agree with Kathleen, we can only deal with all the advertising because it's obviously going on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone. But I think they are just trying to capitalize on something that hasn't caught the advertising bug. While, I think it is going to be a pain to have advertisements on our cell phones, our society is going to get used to it just like all the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it's annoying getting ads in our cell phones. Enough is enough already. Advertisers need to start getting more creative and stop trying to one up everyone else and think of another way of advertising. Going along with what everyone else is doing is not going to work because eventually we are all going to get annoyed with it.

    ReplyDelete